Shame, road kill

The fact is,I don't like seeing a deer killed by cars then wasted. Hunting is different. The deer will not be wasted. Secondly the herds have been stressed by previous drought. Needless kills by cars is not good..

Reactions: Gspman
California is a joke DFG wise on a lot of fronts....If fresh enough, many of our road kills are given to the Wolf center in Julian.

ps.....In Montana, you just call DFG and they give you a number.....They might come out and see it or may not.

California is a joke DFG wise on a lot of fronts....If fresh enough, many of our road kills are given to the Wolf center in Julian.

ps.....In Montana, you just call DFG and they give you a number.....They might come out and see it or may not.

In Tennessee as far as I’m aware there’s no regulations on picking up roadkill. Might be gross to some but if it’s fresh might as well see if it’s edible. A good buddy of mine hit a deer with his truck last year on my birthday and after we got his truck towed we had fresh back strap in June. Also it’s not uncommon to see a roadkill with its head and back straps missing lol.

The fact is,I don't like seeing a deer killed by cars then wasted. Hunting is different. The deer will not be wasted. Secondly the herds have been stressed by previous drought. Needless kills by cars is not good..

Agreed i HATE seeing the waste on the side of the road. I see it at least once a month on the 101 on the central coast. I watched on get hit and called the local warden and all he said was get it out of traffic and let it sit.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu