Shed Hunting - D15 mainly

PyroTekRob

Nov 3, 2013
Where would be the best area to start shed hunting around D15? I typically enter @ Bedford Canyon and drive up to Main Divide.

Also open to some information about D11, D14, D16, D17, D19

Not looking for anyone's hunny holes. Just somewhere to get started hiking and what to look for in deciding where to park and hit the boots.

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I'll be honest.....Trying to find sheds in SoCal is a very difficult at best.....Really no rhythm or reason where they drop them and thick country is the norm......I'd just find forestry lands & start walking.....Too make matters worse, I do believe it's illegal to pick up sheds in state parks.

Here's another link about shed hunting, here on SCH........http://schoutdoors.com/threads/shed-hunting.10647/

Thanks guys. Guess I just need to find a few weekends and go hike. Scout and shed hunt at the same time.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Asking where to find sheds is a polite way of asking for someone's deer spot. Sneaky Sneaky. When you find some post them up on here but i wouldn't hold my breath for people telling you where to look. I normally randomly stumble across them. Like Sprig said the country is thick around here.

Boudroux,

That is one hell of a buck for D-15/SoCal........:eek:
Yea I thought I was hallucinating when I spotted it. I've got a couple others from the same area but they are little guys. That thing came from a spot that is so tough it makes me almost cry just thinking about it.

Reactions: PyroTekRob
Up in 19 about a month ago four Doe and four buck smallest I counted was four point. Watched them for about ten minutes with the kids. Fricking AWESOME!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PyroTekRob

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu