shot a few pics today in newport back bay

Those birds just found out how much the rent is in Newport Beach and now they’re all flying out of the marsh.

...nice pics!

Reactions: TheGDog
Oh Hey! Lil Coinkydink there.. took my boy out y'day to Bolsa Chica Wetlands.

The goal was to document at least 10 different types of wildlife for a Scouts thing. So brought my Vultures and the PhoneSkope.

Mission successful. This was one of the more interesting ones I thought...

And this guy looked pretty cool too...

no euros in a long time... between duck season and local ponds i have prob seen thousands this year and not a one was the unicorn type.

Reactions: chessie
Nice pics guys. Man I miss duck season. We finally started to get some ducky weather late in January and then the season was over. Every passing storm I have watched the ducks moving around from seasonal pond to seasonal pond. No, it never gets old.

John

the season was definitely a late one @labsrule. We normally see the ducks leave and head north in the 3rd weekend down here at the plaster city WMA but they have not left yet....

Last edited:
This seasonal piece of water has been holding great quality ducks for weeks. Pic is crap but there Pins, Gads, Mallards and Teal stacked in there.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Labsrule, I know where that pic was taken I drive past it several times a week. During waterfowl season that would have been the place to go if it had water the which it did not.
I forgot you are up there. If that spot had water the boys would have been on it. I love it up that way. Bandtail, ducks, turkey and deer. Spent my B day up top of Palomar and did some skiing and ran the lab on bumpers back in mid February.

John

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu