Shotshell reloading

Auguie

Nov 20, 2019
After doing 1 box of 20 guage with my Lee load All 2 on the 7/8 bushing using#4 shot. It is dispensing .570 oz of shot. is this okay? Is it safe to fire?
The recipe is Fiocchi 2 3/4 hull with fiocchi 616 primer, HodgonUniversal powder 17.8grains with 7/8oz shot

If your recipe indicates 7/8 oz. It should be that weight. I wouldn't deviate. .875 & .570 is a big difference.

After doing 1 box of 20 guage with my Lee load All 2 on the 7/8 bushing using#4 shot. It is dispensing .570 oz of shot. is this okay? Is it safe to fire?
The recipe is Fiocchi 2 3/4 hull with fiocchi 616 primer, HodgonUniversal powder 17.8grains with 7/8oz shot

I don’t think it will hurt it. The max load for Fiocchi 7/8 oz is listed at 18.5 of universal with a 616 primer @ 1293 FPS velocity if you check the shot weight it will be up and down a little. I’ve never blown up a shot gun yet. (My dad, bless him) did it 1 time many years ago. You might have to rem out your bushing, but do a little at a time. Them check the bushing for #8s and it will probably through a little heavy. Like llovesprig said what’s a box of shells

I reload with the Lee Load-All. The bushings are not very good at all for non lead shot.
So I just hand weigh all powder and shot.
Yes it takes way longer but I know my shells are safe and within spec per reloading manuals.

Hornady makes an inexpensive digital scale that works fine.

Ive had my lee load all since i was 13. 40 yrs and it still works great.
All i ever did was 28 to 31 grains.Red dot. Ina double a shell and wad. Jam some bb's in it or shot.good to go.in all my yrs of reloading i never had a problem.
Then again i always tap the side before droppin.that was the big issue. Sometimes the lee loader would not give a full charge as it would stick in the slider. But i always caught my mistakes.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu