Shout out to mike raahauges pheasent club

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
Well since quail sucked this year and I did not get out as much as I normally do this season I treated dad and wife and dog to a paid planted pheasent hunt.

I was better then we expected for a planted hunt.

The guys were great, easy to get along with and the fields were nice and high but way to hunt. It was a good time and my dog did great as always

We got ue with 26lbs of clean ready to cook meat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
Raahauges pheasent club is a great place to spend a saturday morning. Good people & always a good time.

GSPman said:
Thanks Steve. That's a model 58 sportsman

Realy Realy cool....It was hard to tell, if it was the predecessor of the 1100....The Mod 58.... 8)

.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FRemington_Model_58&ei=ljHpVJyKOpXIsASe0oGwCQ&usg=AFQjCNHmqtY5rdHnWoq1ZP9qVIjfYamZkQ&sig2=-Qa-9FyrgQCF6w9QqaSd-Q&bvm=bv.86475890,d.cWc

yea my boys 13 and 15 missed out last weekend due to poor grades in school. :-[ they were a little upset :'(.

as for price I thought it a little much but then i did the math on gas to drive to south imperial and look for wild pheasent and stay in hotel for 2 nights and suddenly the price was pretty good. (not that pheasants are in season any way) it was a nice treat for us as the season winds down. usually id be out yote hunting but i cant seam to find time this year.

it was 120 each for 3 pheasents planted. the nice thing is after 2 hours you can work any field you want and do clean up. we had some guys next to us with a dog that was flushing them to soon and the guys were not great shots so it worked out well for us. they pushed a few right towards us. we also had a 4 year old grandchilds birthday to get to so we took our 10 and left early. id advise make a day out of it. take chairs and a lunch. we worked our field and got our 10 in about 45 minutes with my dog.

GSPman said:
yea my boys 13 and 15 missed out last weekend due to poor grades in school. :-[ they were a little upset :'(.

as for price I thought it a little much but then i did the math on gas to drive to south imperial and look for wild pheasent and stay in hotel for 2 nights and suddenly the price was pretty good. (not that pheasants are in season any way) it was a nice treat for us as the season winds down. usually id be out yote hunting but i cant seam to find time this year.

it was 120 each for 3 pheasents planted. the nice thing is after 2 hours you can work any field you want and do clean up. we had some guys next to us with a dog that was flushing them to soon and the guys were not great shots so it worked out well for us. they pushed a few right towards us. we also had a 4 year old grandchilds birthday to get to so we took our 10 and left early. id advise make a day out of it. take chairs and a lunch. we worked our field and got our 10 in about 45 minutes with my dog.
Thanks, my Nephew lives is Murrieta so it is super close to him.

After Mike's passing, I wondered how the operation was going under his son's management.......Sounds like you all had a good time.......Always liked the clean-up more than the regular shoot........ ;)

ilovesprig said:
After Mike's passing, I wondered how the operation was going under his son's management.......Sounds like you all had a good time.......Always liked the clean-up more than the regular shoot........ ;)
They sold the pheasant club but I think his brother is still in charge. I know his son opened another club up north. Everything is still first class tho.

Excuse my ignorance but when you say clean up, do you actually mean to help clean up the property?

GSPman said:

No sir. The property was already perfectly clean. Clean up you can wonder all around all the fields and hunt up whatever you can find. Not just your field.

Great going............But, those labs need a hair cut........... ;D

j/k........Cool hunting dogs........ ;)

Actually hunted on a club today too......Really a great time with my friends Brittany......The little guy was like a machine on these roosters that were very wild acting (this was a clean-up deal, no birds planted). The fields were big too.

Attachments

• DSCF1080.JPG
    DSCF1080.JPG
    845.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF1103.JPG
    DSCF1103.JPG
    578.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF1100.JPG
    DSCF1100.JPG
    363.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF1098.JPG
    DSCF1098.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF1085.JPG
    DSCF1085.JPG
    894.5 KB · Views: 35
Mark,

It was so bitchin' watching him working the field.....We had a north wind and you could just tell when he was getting close......Then lock-up...... 8)

Attachments

• DSCF1067.JPG
    DSCF1067.JPG
    749.1 KB · Views: 44

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu