Side Arms

Yes I hiked the pacific crest trail, camped near by , I had African Nationals , hiking at different intervals at night up the trail. Did not get any sleep. Never do that again.

I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to carry a a firearm with you while deer hunting regardless of ccw unless you are a sworn officer of the law.
Hey Brandon, podcast listener here ! I believe while rifle hunting it is legal to carry a (pistol) firearm while hunting or fishing in California. Archery I know is another story. Lead free ammo just to be safe with fish and game.

Yea looks like it was ammended, just no deer

1) An archer may carry a firearm capable of being concealed on his or her person while engaged in the taking of big game other than deer with a bow and arrow in accordance with subdivision (h), but shall not take or attempt to take big game with the firearm.

Yea looks like it was ammended, just no deer

1) An archer may carry a firearm capable of being concealed on his or her person while engaged in the taking of big game other than deer with a bow and arrow in accordance with subdivision (h), but shall not take or attempt to take big game with the firearm.
Hey trapline, is 2 years too soon to hunt a burn?

Hey Brandon, podcast listener here ! I believe while rifle hunting it is legal to carry a (pistol) firearm while hunting or fishing in California. Archery I know is another story. Lead free ammo just to be safe with fish and game.
Apsolutly bud! It is just illegal while archery hunting on a archery tags.

during general season (gun season in any unit) you can carry a pistol concealed (with ccw) or open.

Thanks for the support bud ! We are growing because of the support we get from individuals like you!

during general season (gun season in any unit) you can carry a pistol concealed (with ccw) or open.

Thanks for the support bud ! We are growing because of the support we get from individuals like you!
Yeah man I have been catching just about every episode you have been putting out. Its great content and I appreciate you representing us CA hunters and outdoorsmen.

Hey trapline, is 2 years too soon to hunt a burn?
Depends on how hot the fire was for the regrowth to start but for public lands the closure orders can last longer than 2 years. I waited 4 years for a closire order to expire once, called them the day after it expired and asked if i could access and then they closed it another year.

Exactly. Like I mentioned in the original post I have already have had one run in with a lion, and it was def trying to get the hell out of dodge when it realized I noticed it. But its more than just the critters. There is always illegal activity from humans in the national forests and would rather be prepared and not have to use it at all.
100%. My buddies give me all kinds of grief for carrying a sidearm but I’ve had a couple of run ins. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

If you have a CCW, you can carry a concealed firearm even during archery season per my neighbor who is an active CDFW officer. I always have a concealed pistol on me when I'm out of the house unless I'm going somewhere like PetCo Park where I'm not allowed to carry. I prefer to keep it concealed even in the forest where I can legally open carry as I had a woman call the ranger on me when she saw me carrying in a kydex holster below my bino harness. I didn't get in any trouble but it was a hassle I'd prefer to avoid.

If I'm not wearing my bino harness, I carry in a Hill People Gear Recon Kit Bag chest rig. LINK If I'm using my bino harness, I'll keep it in a fanny pack or IWB (inside the waist band) holster.

what is the name of your podcast? There is a dearth of CA hunting centric podcasts out there, and I am always on the lookout.

Back