Sierra trip

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
Ever since turkey season ended, I haven't been able to get out much but after a few weeks of being stuck at home and at work, I was finally able to catch a break for a few days of trout fishing at my favorite lake in the eastern sierras. After getting camp set up, my boy and I hit the lake and right away we got trout after trout. The second day, we took a short drive to a nearby creek and I managed a pretty nice trout that weighed about 3.5 pounds with a trout trap jig. For the rest of the day and into Thursday, we ended up catching and releasing a little over 50 rainbows and brownies. Definitly a great trip before I start my new job and got to spend some quality time with my son.

Attachments

• 076.JPG
    076.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • 101.JPG
    101.JPG
    601.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 077.JPG
    077.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
Great pix Gen........Thanks for sharin'.........Looks like Yusuke really likes fishing........ :)

ps.......I love that lake too...... ;)

Thanks guys! We had a great time and the funny thing is wed barely got any fish using bait, almost all the fish were on lures. My son had a great time fishing from sun up to sun down. We even got to see some huge bull elk driving through lone pine.

Great post Matagi. Love seeing those kids out their being little sportsmen and ladies. Very cool...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu