Sitka Blacktail..?

Baller

Sep 12, 2016
Hi Guys,

Anyone do the Sitka Blacktail deer thing? Thoughts..?

Any recommendations on outfitters/trip providers and whatnot? Looking in the next 2-5 years to try and get one to complete the deer slam. I am close so why not right? Not an ego/trophy deal just think it would be kind of cool to get it done since it is right there and it looks like quite the adventure.

Homemade cover. Ever see a bowhunter far away... the first thing you see is their bright fletching. I suppose a deer can see better...

The pics are deceiving. Far from flat or open. The first two pics are on steep 45 degree hills. The third was on a small bench. The bear pics were in camp. Some places have alders so thick you cannot walk through it, grass 5 foot tall, water and lakes everywhere. One of the most physical hunts I've been on. You're either killing deer or packing deer.

For those deer... 40, 60 and 10. Ed F

For that homemade cover, which works better for holding it in place? Elastic or a draw-cord Or...?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu