Sitka gear

THE_NEW_GUY

Dec 21, 2015
Beaumont
Okay guys Sitka gear is it worth it? I've been looking very seriously about getting some new bibs and a new jacket. What do You guys think it's worth the extra cost? I used to use old Cabela's Drylok. I just can't seem to keep the fork out of my mouth. My old stuff is a little tight.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
Scott,

Not worth it in my book, but my book ends with Cabela's fowl gear...These bibs are at least 6 years old and are still waterproof...Did get a new Drake 3-1 jacket for Christmas.

ps...Bass Pro sells them as well.

.024.JPG

X2.. for backcountry deer hunts I love the comfort, warmth, and weight savings I get with my Kuiu gear. But for waterfowl I'm not hiking 5+ miles in and camping in low temps.. at worst in the IV I'm sitting still in 25 degree mornings, warming up to 90+ some days so basic gear or mid-level stuff like Drake or Banded works just fine. My Cabela's breathables have been going strong for about 6 years now too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu