Slow morning... But a good one

8SteelTown

Took my father in law out for a duck hunt this morning. First light a pair of mallards fly in... Pop pop. 2 in the bag (both him... I wasn't shooting). Hung out and watched a dove show. Just a ton of dove! Hawks, owls, a grebe that was curious and just pacing back in forth in front of us. I was moving spots and I flushed the mallard on the left. Never had a partial green head before. Nice size and clean. He whole'd his two and will be roasting. I breasted mine. Going out for quail this afternoon.

Good work 8Steeltown . I have a decoys made to look like the one on the left , I wondered if it was a valid paint job ! But very similar to that bird

I'm not a ducker but could that be a Mexican Duck? or some kind of mix? nice kill buddy

Thanks fellas. Nice meat on that youth bird. Had duck for dinner last night, Nevada doe backstrap tonight, quail/duck tomorrow.

Can't wait for that El Niño rain.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu