Slow morning

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
Went out again this morning with my neighbor to his spot and he caught a little spottie on his 2nd cast but after that a few bites for the next hour and a half then I landed one myself..

IMG_4433.jpg

Otherwise it was a cool morning to be out..saw a bunch of Garibaldi near the rocks, 2 lobsters, 3 sting Ray's and a pod of 10+ dolphins out in the distance.

*video of dolphins below*

Last edited:
I wonder how much the cold water has an impact. Took the kids to the beach yesterday and water was COLD, read an article that temps have been below 60 the last couple of days.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Glad you got out I haven't been fishing damn near a month I'm going through detox it feels like. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Glad you got out I haven't been fishing damn near a month I'm going through detox it feels like. Thanks for sharing.

I've got the bug! I was more into freshwater but trying to take advantage of all the coast we got down here in SD.

@Truduct I think I have a 3/8 oz hookup..I'll take look. I'm running drop shot..might tie that on next time.

Reactions: TRICER
Hell yes you guys got it made on coastline to fish learn it take advantage of that prime opportunity with so many yummy creatures to eat from it. It's like a box chocolate down there.

George,

Try throw & retrieve swim baits (or curly-tail jigs)...You can cover a lot more water.

ps...Take advantage of our coast line as long as you can...If AB 3030 passes, I can see our shorelines being closed off.

George,

Try throw & retrieve swim baits (or curly-tail jigs)...You can cover a lot more water.

ps...Take advantage of our coast line as long as you can...If AB 3030 passes, I can see our shorelines being closed off.
I'll try that out next time..I do a slow retrieval with the drop shot vs the typical cast and wait..always up for trying different methods tho..and yea AB 3030 would not be good for those who enjoy the outdoors.

Try surf fishing, you won’t be disappointed. I made the transition from inland bass fishing reservoirs when I moved out here due to the lack of lakes near me but plenty of coastline a short drive away. Bait and wait with the long rods or work the sandbars with lighter gear. Never know what you will haul in.

yea with Ab303 you know the 30% they want to conserve is what currently has access to it, anything without access they won’t conserve because you won’t be able to access it anyway.

6E6B7618-B328-45D3-A448-81BAFEC50E97.jpeg

When the water is cold I like drop shot around the jetties but a little bit out.
Cut bait like squid, shrimp, mussel.
Catch tasty rock fish, sculpin, and what not. But be prepared to lose lots of gear.
I use to have good luck with white curly tails and cut squid on sand bass.
On about the jetties. Bunch of different
Box if tools. Early morning throwing
Cast Masters.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu