Slow

Aeon you are correct things are slow , perhaps this weather will perk things up !

Saw one small flite of spoonies yesterday...I can remember when we would pass on Spoon dogs just because they were too easy...What has happened?

Reactions: Duckfan
I remember letting spoonies go by all the time in the 2000s.

Now, I might not ever bother hunting ducks next season. It’s just not worth it any more.

The opener is always good. November has always sucked. But, December used to be great. The last few years, December has sucked too in So. CA.

January is hit and miss.

So, besides the opener, our season is MAYBE the end of December and the beginning of January. A 30 day season at best.

Someone has to call the king naked.

Reactions: faciallyendowed
Here is to hoping this mega storm we are supposed to get on the whole West Coast helps out. "Experts" predict 1-2 months worth of rain and snow being dumped over the course of 36-48 hours. It may be a Christmas miracle for you waterfowl fellas.

Reactions: ilovesprig
We are finally getting below freezing temp up north….. Oregon too. Happy to see it freezing there

NorCal, getting rain good.

last couple of hunts were either limits, including sprig and widgeon…. Or the next day, maybe get 3-4…… to the next day, no shots taken.

Birds are stacked up in some places from reports I got, but this rain will disperse them big time. Ex: sac valley flooded rice was WAY DOWN this year because of drought.

now, we’ll get rain, and all fields will get some rain water. Should scatter birds out as they forage

Grasslands has yet to see the teal migration which, in the past, usually has started. The grasslands annually take 65% teal in the bag.

they’ll show…. But still waiting.

Hang in there guys. Get out and hunt as often as you can. Soon we’ll be complaining it’s over for the year and get antsy for another season to begin in 2022.

Well there won't a shortage of water now. Hope they show up shortly.. Did have some drama and lesson learned on Friday. So I was alone Friday and launched the salad shooter by my self. As I'm letting it warm up I see Gas flowing out of the fuel line all over everything. It's fuel injected so 55lbs of pressure can push a lot of gas. The aramid braid kept it from spraying but the prop atomized it instantly.... 6yo high end fuel lines are trash. Never would have thought to change them that soon. I had a spare line with an fittings so swapped it out and got to hunt

G and j aircraft made me some new ptfe lines and I'll be back in biz. The fuel eats rubber hose, check your line before you blow up

Reactions: TRICER
Well there won't a shortage of water now. Hope they show up shortly.. Did have some drama and lesson learned on Friday. So I was alone Friday and launched the salad shooter by my self. As I'm letting it warm up I see Gas flowing out of the fuel line all over everything. It's fuel injected so 55lbs of pressure can push a lot of gas. The aramid braid kept it from spraying but the prop atomized it instantly.... 6yo high end fuel lines are trash. Never would have thought to change them that soon. I had a spare line with an fittings so swapped it out and got to hunt

G and j aircraft made me some new ptfe lines and I'll be back in biz. The fuel eats rubber hose, check your line before you blow up
I used to run a 2 seat hydro V-drive down at the river. Basically a death trap with no reverse or neutral. One of my 2" Aluminum gas caps came off heading to the sand bar, gas was everywhere. We fixed it with a cut in half coors light can and a 2" hose clamp. Probably the fastest I have seen my buddy chug a beer. He came through and we made it to the sand bar. Good memories.

Reactions: ilovesprig
nice to know coors is good for something, sure sucks as a beer.
Dude we were 18 years old at the river, I don’t think we ever drank water. I put every penny and spare minute I had into that boat. I just wanted to go fast, blew her up 3 times but when it ran it was incredible. Scary as hell but incredible.
If any of you know/hunt with the Sorchy’s that’s little Mike towing me in for the hundredth time. Pretty much always ended that way.
The wife made me sell it when lil Drew came along something about not wanting to be a widow.

Sorry @Aeon for stealing the thread.
5716F40F-DBAA-4605-BC26-0BEA4B71AD07.jpeg075995BB-BCC1-40C7-92AE-B38C246994C1.jpegC8E7BF0D-4389-4784-B280-753F436EC82E.jpeg3A3815E0-97B0-491A-8F14-F6561C837D91.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu