Small Game Scope

Like what has been mentioned...No need to get fancy on a .22...That's a Savage .17 HMR with a cheapy Bushnell...Kills 'em pretty dead.

On my CZ .17 HMR, I have a Mueller All-Purpose 4-14....My old Marlin .22, I still have the old Weaver 2-7....Killed a lot of stuff with that old gun.

.012.JPG015.JPG

Last edited:
I shoot a savage 22 lr with a Bushnell 3X9 100 yd zero, long range zero for a .22 but it works.

Last edited:
On my Marlin 17hmr I have a 3x12x40 Bushnell that works just fine. My marlin Papoose I put a red dot that makes it more fun for these tired eyes. They both do their part if I do mine.

Is that the actual "Larry"?
I've read all these posts about him but never really read anything by him.
Quite the character...

Anyway the scope I use is a Nikon Rimfire ProStaff. 150 dollars. Works great. 3-9×40. BDC reticle.

I don't know if they are still made. I heard Nikon was going to stop making rifle scopes. I'm not 100% sure though.

Quite the character...

Anyway the scope I use is a Nikon Rimfire ProStaff. 150 dollars. Works great. 3-9×40. BDC reticle.

I don't know if they are still made. I heard Nikon was going to stop making rifle scopes. I'm not 100% sure though.
just search Larry

Reactions: Big Jim Slade
Quite the character...

I have that same scope on another .17......Works just fine.....If I'm not mistaken, they are out of the scope business.

Reactions: Big Jim Slade
Lol don't know how i missed this thread and lary's videos!! LOL those videos should have been posted on the vax thread.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu