Snake I.D. Please

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

Is this a Cali king snake, first time I run into one... I was out yote hunting and saw it crossing the dirt road... Took a quick pic and it went into the brush.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 163
These are my reptiles from this spring season

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    762 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 149
ivhunter said:
Is this a Cali king snake, first time I run into one... I was out yote hunting and saw it crossing the dirt road... Took a quick pic and it went into the brush.
Also I'm no expert but I think that's a desert king snake where are u hunting. The second picture of mine is a California king. Your bands look smaller and arnt as bright.

that rattler looks pissed johnny how close were you to it? I came face to face with one the other day while retrieving an arrow not 3 ft from it i also saw a king snake with squirel in it today

I'm down hear here in the imperial valley, today the weather was actually nice, not hot at all with overcast skies and a slight breeze... About 85 degrees...

D16hunter said:
that rattler looks pissed johnny how close were you to it? I came face to face with one the other day while retrieving an arrow not 3 ft from it i also saw a king snake with squirel in it today

I was really close I pissed him off for a while to get a good picture. I use to catch them or kill them when I was young and dumb no I just piss them off or leave them alone. I still like to watch them buzz

ivhunter said:
I'm down hear here in the imperial valley, today the weather was actually nice, not hot at all with overcast skies and a slight breeze... About 85 degrees...

If I had to bet I would say that's a desert Kingsnake not a California King snake.

Again I am not an expert but that's my opinion. I'd like somebody that knows what they're talking about to tell us. My buddies at herpetologist I'll show him the picture

Agreed I ca night one way back at night but looking at the pict it's different. Have u seen the ones with a broking single like its not a racer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
Snake Charmer said:
Wow ! a horny toad haven't seen one in many years, where'd you find him ?

Southerland that one I found a few in near also and vejas I caught 5 this year lots of baby's I found a monster one two seasons ago off the 8. Also find them I jumcammba and Boulevard. And ya I never keep them not enough

Snake Charmer said:
Hmm, maybe they're making a come back..

I'd like to think so but I do go farther then most and that's where I find them. To many people keep them that's why I leave them be

Wow...used to see them all of the time. Nice to know they are continuing to procreate! Thanks for the photos Johnny!

Almost totally black head, definitely a desert king. Hey Johnny is the ring neck dead or just playing. Don't see ring necks too much anymore either. mostly a night snake.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu