Snow geese

dhntr48

Oct 7, 2015
Hi guy as far as decoys , how many Blues and juvi's should I get to complement 10 adult snows

Instead of wind socks, invest in Sillo-Socks.....They're (snows) normally looking for large numbers.....If you're going to go small, go realistic as you can afford (full bodies).

Kid Creole will have much better insight on "Wavies"......I like the darks......lol

Last edited:
If you are hunting snows in CA I would not worry about blues. Depending on where you are hunting a few specks mixed in doesn't hurt. Juvis just throw in as needed depending on what your scouting turns up.

Outside of CA guys run anywhere from 10 to 20 blues depending on where they are hunting.

I am just getting the snow bug and building a spread currently so I have done a ton of research in the past year.

I have decided to run tanglefree slammer socks and sillosocks. Watch for deals on both. I picked up quite a few slammer socks off camofire for the low 40s. Buy the sillosock economy socks and you can sometimes get for $30/doz or less. Tanglefree are longer stakes so good for hiding people. Sillosocks aren't as nice, but good for fillers and when the ground is frozen.

Skyfly decoys are another well priced option direct from China.

Of course buying used is optimal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu