Snowshoe Hares?

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
I'm wanting to spend about a week in and around the Eastern Sierras. Through a bit of research I've been told some of the middle to higher elevations have Snowshoe Hares? Anyone have some boots on the ground experience in that area? Hunting them is on top my bucket list.

I'm wanting to spend about a week in and around the Eastern Sierras. Through a bit of research I've been told some of the middle to higher elevations have Snowshoe Hares? Anyone have some boots on the ground experience in that area? Hunting them is on top my bucket list.

Dana,

It's been a long time, but I used to see them near Bodie and in the upper levels of Bridgeport...Always near sage.

Reactions: Crosman999
I was researching that area as well as up around Mono Pass. I'm planning to spend a few days, just wanted some verification I'm not chasing Bigfoot.

Reactions: ilovesprig
You'll be chasing the white ghost. I've seen them while hunting an area here in socal a few years ago was doing Dec hunt in the snow.

Reactions: Crosman999

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu