So confused on deer applications...

Drake Dunn

Nov 28, 2016
I'm looking at what tags I want to put in for the drawing, and this being my first year I have now been sitting here for about 5+ hours still confused. I look at OnX maps and then back at what the zones they give me are and they aren't even close to the same. I want to apply for the South unit A zone for either sex deer, but on ONX maps it's not even close to where it says it is on the PDF on Fish and game website... Can someone try and help me here before I give up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking archery or rifle?.....A-31 would be the only antlerless near LA.....That's not Southern A zone either.....G-13 is antlerless in San Diego Co.

Have you looked at the map I posted above?.....It lists all hunts.

Are you talking archery or rifle?.....A-31 would be the only antlerless near LA.....That's not Southern A zone either.....G-13 is antlerless in San Diego Co.

Have you looked at the map I posted above?.....It lists all hunts.

Looks like 33 would be my best bet considering i don't know anyone that's on private land. I would be going for all public land hunts.

Also I'm archery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu