So I went to an estate sale with the wife and her friends

Bowhunter_619

Sep 24, 2011
Temecula
So the boys and I had plans to bust up some more rabbits this morning but last night the wife interjected. I explained to the boys that some times you have to concede (deer season coming up) in order to succeed in the future.

As the title says I was dragged to an estate sale with the wife and her best friend with her husband (douche). As this was my first venture into one of these I wandered around trying to talk with others with no avail. Man this sucks was my thought. I was ready to get the hell out of dodge when the wife said look what I found!!

Attachments

• IMG_0631[1].JPG
    IMG_0631[1].JPG
    787.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0627[1].JPG
    IMG_0627[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0626[2].JPG
    IMG_0626[2].JPG
    722.8 KB · Views: 11
Paid 60 bucks for 2 recurves that look very good:

1) Ben Pearson Cougar 7050 that is 62" 45lbs and 28" draw; which is my draw length

2) Bear Kodiak that reads BD 611; 60" Bow iwth 50lb weight.

Good deal or no?

Score !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a great deal. I have that same Bear bow I got from a friends dad years ago. Do they have strings? Are the limbs straight not warped? They are both worth from 60 to 150.00 to the right buyer. The sight drilled into the Bear makes it go down in value a little. I have looked / asked for old bows at every sale I’ve ever been to and never found any, and you score two at the same one. Lucky!

No strings on either one of them. I examined the limbs pretty thoroughly and no warps in my opinion but I'm gonna swing them by Performance tomorrow to let them have a look.

I'm pretty stoked as I have been looking for a recurve to try out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu