Solo hunter looking for insite on D19...

Capt.bones

Good afternoon everybody. I know this is a common question, i have no shame asking. I tried searching d19, d 19, and san jacinto deer. No search results on the site. I have "put rubber to dirt" and hiked up the pct trail off the 74. Just shy of the gold mines. Very thick brush and bad vantage points for glassing. I hunt solo, i have been on sportfishing boats for 17 yrs, so i know the importance of hiding spots. I missed out on d16 tags as i live in lakeside san diego and was excited to scout some deer i saw last year deep into mccanes valley. Unfortunately didn't work out that way and i dont want to give up this year. I plane on hiking in and tent camping to reach farther out. My distance personally is 8-10 miles a day before i start feeling sluggish. Id rather hike far, as i had great luck at mccanes going far distances. A private message would be greatly appreciated for a solo self taught hunter. Thank you all for the patience and im sure there will ridicule over this and many post like mine, but i doesn't hurt to ask.

Capt. B,

Wish I could help you more...The only deer I've ever seen on public were around Hemet Lake while fishing...I know the north side of the lake is NF...Good luck

Back