Some cold weather Ground Squirrel bashing

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hey all, decided to head out early with a friend of mine to scout out some areas for Springtime. We arrived around 6:00 am with the temperature around 33 degrees. Haha bit cold with some snow on the ground from day before. We sat in the truck for a few hours till the :sun: came up making for a beautiful morning. I had not expected to see many ground squirrels if any. My main goal was to scout a new area for some Springtime Varmint hunting and to gather some video and photos of the gun. As the morning warmed up we ended up spotting quite a few dirt rats moving about. I had brought my movie camera to film for part of a review I'm currently working on. I was using a European Air Arms S510XS .25 PCP, a very fine and accurate rifle. Over the day we managed to smash down about 20 before heading on down the road. Most were taken between 65 and 100+ yards. Can't wait to show the finished video, just need some more footage that may take a few more weeks.

OzF6xpB.jpg

Marley with her giant stick lol

zOIl1Ez.jpg

Terry and Marley waiting for the GS to show

Bur4J0w.jpg

Terry setting up for a 86 yard shot

D3zCdqL.jpg

My 75 yard kill with the AA S510XS

It was a beautiful day out and can see that this Spring will be an epic year for Ground Squirrel hunting. Hope to share more as it comes in! :imp:

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu