Some Quail hunting with UplandJitsu

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hey folks, hope everyone is well into the New Year! My friend Jorge from UplandJitsu and I went out to Quail hunt. I have little experience hunting them so was eager to get out with someone experienced. I documented our trip the best I could, we weren't successful but I believe the video shows some great calling techniques by one of the best. Enjoy

That's funny was listening to Jorge's interview on the Upchukar pod earlier this week... small world!

He can definitely hammer that call; I need to take some notes or maybe spring for one of the Matthew's calls (though something tells me I'm the problem and not the call).

Jorge is a great guy, I actually messaged him a few months ago. It's indeed a small world, turns out we live less than 5min from each other and he was looking for some new spots. Perfect for me because I don't know squat about Quail hunting and wanted someone to help me out. We plan to do some more hunting and I will document them through video. Very knowledgeable and professional at what he does.

That's funny was listening to Jorge's interview on the Upchukar pod earlier this week... small world!

He can definitely hammer that call; I need to take some notes or maybe spring for one of the Matthew's calls (though something tells me I'm the problem and not the call).

I do not consider myself the best quail caller... I honestly believe it is much more of cadence thing to them! Haha! Thanks for listening in on the Podcast!

When I was young and broke LOL
Now I am old and broke LOL
I learned to call dove and quail
Using my hands. I would turn my hands into the caller LOL.
Cupped and grasp both hands
To create by blowing (LOL) in to my hands creating bird calls.
I kind of lost the knack for it.
But it use to work very well.

Reactions: Crosman999
Tough quail year but calling definitely helps locate them. Don’t give up! Still a few weeks left to bag’em.

Reactions: Crosman999

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu