Sometimes they don't know they're dead.

So, I only watched the third video, and what I gathered was:

1. We was shooting towards livestock and a road, with a vehicle passing by seconds after he took the first shot.
2. He was shooting beyond what HIS effective range was with the equipment he was using.
3. He decided to shoot, 5 times, until finally the thing died, inspite of ^^^

That kind of pisses me off. Was that the intent?

Oops. I called out the wrong video, yeah 3 was bad....

I meant Video 2. In it, he drills one with a 270 and it gets up and runs off a ways before it expires.

Yeah that guy sucks. Iron sights at 130 yards and he shot low and hit the leg. "he wouldn't come any closer so I HAD TO take the shot"... I guess I can't knock the guy too much since I attempt 450 yard shots with my 308 but I can guarantee I would blast open that dog at 130 yards with iron sights. Still, poor setup endangering the livestock and shooting right towards a street like that... Here's your reason why hunting laws are the way they are... idiots like this fool hunting unsafe. Must've been a new rifle for him, otherwise, you'd imagine a nice size target like that at 130 should've been no challenge. IMO.

I'm useless with open sighted rifles, they're a waste IMO... a rifle can shoot way better than you can see. I have a Mosin, I would never have taken that shot...

I have half a mind to email him.

So how about that coyote running off with a .270 hole in him?

clearly a newbie at the whole video thing but eh shit happens. I have jerked easy shots before , had my turrets off zero, had a primer in the trigger, just flat out missed, shot at the dog that was 400 yards out and not the one 50 yards out that i didn't see, no round in the chamber-bolt not closed and the list goes on. You guys that have not shot a dog this crap will happen to you :)

the road and the car eh depends on where he was at. Out in BFE on your own dirt no big deal, hell it was prob his mom.

the 270 walk off could have just been a bullet problem. sometimes they do not expand or fragment right .

either way i do not think you have to worry about this guy making it big on outdoor chan.

I think the 270 bullet isn't made to expand in a little yote, though it did blow a big hole. Impressive to get rolled hard and still take off.

Whatever. Some things are better not captured on film.

Sent via Tapatalk

Bonejour said:

Sent via Tapatalk

Sorry...I was just impressed at the little guys spunk if you will, and found it interesting how sometimes you can hit them good and they still don't stay put.

I suppose the thread could be removed, it's not exactly a winner I reckon.

Handgun said:
Bonejour said:

Sent via Tapatalk

Sorry...I was just impressed at the little guys spunk if you will, and found it interesting how sometimes you can hit them good and they still don't stay put.

I suppose the thread could be removed, it's not exactly a winner I reckon.
No worries handgun.
8)

Sent via Tapatalk

I thought B W E's criticisms were right on, and make the thread constructive if only for the purpose of pointing out all the things that shooter did wrong.
I'm sure Breacher is smiling right now because I posted something when I was new to the forum, not understanding how our threads might be used by non-hunters. Live and learn...

Sent via Tapatalk

Aeon said:
clearly a newbie at the whole video thing but eh crap happens. I have jerked easy shots before , had my turrets off zero, had a primer in the trigger, just flat out missed, shot at the dog that was 400 yards out and not the one 50 yards out that i didn't see, no round in the chamber-bolt not closed and the list goes on. You guys that have not shot a dog this crap will happen to you :)

the road and the car eh depends on where he was at. Out in BFE on your own dirt no big deal, hell it was prob his mom.

the 270 walk off could have just been a bullet problem. sometimes they do not expand or fragment right .

either way i do not think you have to worry about this guy making it big on outdoor chan.

Hi Aeon,
I certainly understand your position, and if I understand correctly, your position is essentially, "give the guy a break, crap happens." While you did list several legitimate circumstances that certainly fall in the "crap happens" category, I have to disagree that his actions are congruent. What he did was not the result of happenstance, bad luck, or mechanical failure. It was the result of a very, very poor chain of decisions, that he willingly made, fully acknowledging he was out of his league when it came to equipment and shot distance.

There is nothing irresponsible or unsafe about forgetting to close your bolt or forgetting to chamber a round. However, I feel every thing he did was completely unsafe, irresponsible, and unethical. Coyote or Bull Elephant, everything you shoot deserves to die humanely and quickly, without putting others safety or property in jeopardy.

overreact much?
Slow cow guided hunts called and said he was going to call the Internet police, think he is just jelly that there was a kill on video

InternetPolice_zpso5v1od4l.png

Aeon said:
overreact much?
Slow cow guided hunts called and said he was going to call the Internet police, think he is just jelly that there was a kill on video

Now that is funny...Nice!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu