Son's first buck / deer

Manny

Nov 23, 2019
This was his second deer hunting season but we had not been successful until now. The day before, I was out solo when I jumped a buck while scouting a new area. I could not identify if it was legal as I only caught a glimpse of him. So the next day I took my son to the same area. Lucky for us we saw him again. This time he was in the open and unaware of are presence. My son was able to identify it as being legal, took his time and took the shot at 255 yards. One shot and down with his 6.5 Creedmoor. So happy I was able to be with him for his first buck. So proud of him20231104_074038.jpg20231104_074028.jpg20231104_073923.jpg

As with many things, the first one is always the best, and one he will never forget. Congratulations young man.

Manny,

Congrats all around...I still remember vividly being with my dad and getting that 1st buck... :clap:

Congratulations! That’s so great! Looks exactly like my first buck.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu