Son's first rabbit

HuggyBear15

a complete n00b
Nov 28, 2015
It was approaching dark. I was nearby with my Ruger 10/22. Figuring game was unlikely in our current location, I had the rifle unloaded and on safe.

With little warning I saw a white rabbit slowly emerge from a green surrounding. Thanks to its unusual coloring, much of the creature's body stood out sharply against the white backdrop.

Before I knew what had happened, my son grabbed the rabbit with his bear hands, and tore its head off!

My wife said he ruined Easter, but it was in that moment I knew he would be a much better hunter than his old man.

Attachments

• Rabbit_Kill_Smaller.PNG
    Rabbit_Kill_Smaller.PNG
    386.9 KB · Views: 109
Nice. :D Know what the bag limit is on peeps? Thinking about sending my 3 boys out for some, wife loves them.

Lol! I believe it's open season on peeps for a few more days, so tell those boys to go get 'em!

The SCH community is awesome :) Thanks for indulging

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu