Spot gen 3 ***reduced price***

It does not need cell service. They work just about any place in the world. In my opinion a SPOT is a must for any one that goes way out off trail or even miles on trails especially alone. Many many people over the years that got lost or hurt would have been rescued earlier, found faster and may have survived if they had a spot. I have been involved In a few search and rescues over the years and no one had a spot. If they had they would have been home for dinner instead of spending days in the wild.

I have zero affiliation with them this is just my experience.

Reactions: baboltin
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does the Spot need a phone service or something like that.
No that’s what it’s for being able to communicate with others or get help no matter where your at and if you have service or not

doesn't need service but I believe you need to pay an annual service plan
That is correct or the good thing about the spot is you can get it per month so if you only want to pay for one month say October during deer season you can get that one month instead of all twelve months .

Reactions: steveo007
The also offer a extra insurance that if you have to get air lifted out they pay some of the cost.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu