Spotted Bay Bass - San Diego

SoCalCuda

Oct 2, 2018
Recently participated in the annual Heroes On the Water Mission Bay Classic kayak fishing challenge. I broke my personal best spotty with three fish consecutively. The biggest at 15.5” and 2.4 lbs. these fish have to be some of the funnest fish to catch.

What do you guys think of the umbrella rig? I have used it in two tournaments now and have slayed with it. It is quickly becoming my go to lure of choice.

Thanks goes out to HOW, I’m a veteran and appreciate what you guys do.

Thanks also goes out to Paige (sp) with Yak Ninjas, he gave me some solid advice.

See you next year......

Awesome.

A 2.4 lb spot is a great fish. Good job!

I have never fished the A Rig or Umbrella rig for spots when I lived in Ca, but have heard that they can work great.

Reactions: SoCalCuda
It is really becoming my go to choice in the harbors for spotties. Even caught calicos and the sandbass in the video. And that thing had a girth on it!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu