Spreading the love....

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
So I got to mentor a youth for the turkey hunt put on by the San Diego NWTF....thanks Steve!

Anyway my youth and father were very nice and great people all around. So after the turkey hunt I offered to help them with deer hunting this fall both are archery & rifle hunters along with be dove shooters but didn't have any idea about tags or regs and knew some areas but had no kills after two years of deer hunting. So they were very happy that I was willing to help them. Now the father has hunted as a kid and did all the things kids do growing up around the woods but felt he was letting his son down on the skills of being in nature and he wanted to do better.....a great dad in my book and his son is one of the best kids I know.

So this weekend we hung two of my deer stands in the hills so both of them could hunt out of them this year. The son had never tracked game or know the basics that you learn being in the woods. So he got to climb his first tree this weekend and after three trees he was a pro except for the ants.....lol.....he also learned for the first time some knife skills on how to carve wood and not cut yourself. I was very impressed with him and his dad climbed his first tree in 20 years......his dad forgot how much fun it is to be a kid once and awhile he also picked out a good deer funnel with no other stands around.

So after we were done I told them both I'd have a beer just to celebrate their accomplishments.......lol

So if you can spread the love on the right people that really appreciate it you will enjoy the beer just a little more......:)

Thanks guys

Here is the son getting ready for this weekend.......good form......I told them both shoot everyday this week but only 20 or so arrows and weed out the ones that don't hit their spot also make sure your first arrow is on the money.....your only going to get one shot so make it count!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 18
That is time well spent Mark. Karma goes full circle. We need more kids involved with our sport or we may lose it faster than we think.

Mark,

That is great..........Help mentoring kids (& others) is the most satisfying thing these days........They are most certainly the future our great traditions of hunting & fishing........ 8)

It is great to see this ...... In california hunters are by far the minority we need more responsible hunters in the field and in office.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu