Spring Javelina in Arizona

M4A1

Mar 23, 2023
Greater Los Angeles
Is anyone planning on hunting stink pigs this spring? More out of curiosity than anything. I will be putting my kids in for the Jan youth hunts at a minimum, but will probably put in myself for once as well.

I want to hunt them with a bow. I just don't know where to go. I was told around Tucson but that's like 7hrs drive. That long of a drive up north would put me on pigs that I can eat.

Reactions: BuckHunter
I want to hunt them with a bow. I just don't know where to go. I was told around Tucson but that's like 7hrs drive. That long of a drive up north would put me on pigs that I can eat.
I haven't taken one yet. AZGF is holding a seminar on javelina hunting Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

I am going to the seminar, provided I get drawn. There is also a FB group about hunting Javi in AZ. I have hunted then a couple of times with my boys, but haven't really hit it hard. Will do so in the coming years as they get older.

Food for thought

Reactions: Wildgame
I always wanted to hunt those with a bow . I may have given it a shot if there were some closer to us !

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu