spring turkey tune-up

steveo007

Nov 24, 2011
chula vista
its crunch time , getting all your gear in order for the opener, thought id break out the blind and sling a few arrows,please excuse the ugly
decoy the neighbors kids got a hold of it, by the way you can make your own decoys , buy the cheep three turkey foam decoys at bass pro
for 30.00 fill them up with the exspandable foam from home depot beats 150 for a real decoy. gobble gobble!!!

https://youtu.be/sEOO-RHoKsI

Attachments

• 20160313_160652_resized.jpg
    20160313_160652_resized.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20160313_161041_resized.jpg
    20160313_161041_resized.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 28
Stevo,

Hit 'em high, watch 'em die......Great idea on the decoy too..... 8)

Pretty ready.....Dave Smith just sent me a new jake decoy to try-out.....Better than the old model, which I've painted like a Merriam..... ;)

Also shot today with Stefi & Jacob (Jacob's 3" Win Longbeard #5's at 40 yds and Stefi's 20 gauge Win XX #6's at 27 yds).....Hopefully, we'll have something to shoot at..... :(

ps....The jakes are safe.....The "Long" not so much..... :-*

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    810.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    742.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    444.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    411.8 KB · Views: 25
Great idea to fill the decoys I purchased with foam for practice.
I just learned that I should layout my new blind and wipe it down with some mud. Some say it reduces the sheen from the fabric and helps out. Time to play house with the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skunk said:
Great idea to fill the decoys I purchased with foam for practice.
I just learned that I should layout my new blind and wipe it down with some mud. Some say it reduces the sheen from the fabric and helps out. Time to play house with the kids.

Never have done this with a pop-up, but always do for goose hunting layouts....Can't hurt....Also, a lot of blinds come with brush straps....Some natural veg is always a good..... ;)

One other thing....Only have your shooting lane window open & wear dark colored clothing (black preferably).

Attachments

• IMG_4118.JPG
    IMG_4118.JPG
    366.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    610.1 KB · Views: 23
Note taken. Thank you
I'm sure learning a lot from this community in such a short time.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu