Started background check today on new rifle (update 11/25/13)

Re: Started background check today on new rifle

Well I got it, started dressing it up a bit. Got a cheek pad and sling from ruger, a champion bi pod 14" to 29", and my scope rings. Waiting till after christmas to order the scope, decided to go with the Leupold VX3 4.5-14X40 with the boone and crocket optic.

Phone messed up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

Lungpopper said:
Get that scope on it I want to see what it will do.
I am a little worried that I might need to buy a "California Legal" AR before it's too late and the prices sky rocket. So that's why I'm holding off for now, but more than likely it'll be getting sighted in, in January.

AR's are flying off the shelves at the retail level as well as distribution level. Might want to get one quickly.

Captain - take a look at the Leupold PRW rings for that scope. They work great on your rifle and look clean.

looks good, but if u get the AR, go to fine firearms in la mesa! 8)

Thought about this most of the day and decided to buy a complete lower for the AR and the scope for the Ruger. ;) If I don't work on saturday I'll head over to fine firearms for my first visit.

ask for a fellow named John, hes pretty cool i heard ;D

Gold ring products rock! The Alumina caps are really nice. Be careful when you thread them onto the scope. ???

So, I was having trouble getting a 100yd group inside 3in. Decided to leave it at home for D16.
After doing a little research, I found that these guns will shoot tighter groups with better ammo or hand loads, so I purchased some Barnes bullets for a whopping $40 a box, and was pleased with the results. Was able to get groups of three inside 1.5" @ 100yds.
So this will be heading to northern AZ next week to try and knock down a cow elk.

Attachments

• image.jpg_thumb.png
    image.jpg_thumb.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg_thumb2.png
    image.jpg_thumb2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg_thumb3.png
    image.jpg_thumb3.png
    2 MB · Views: 36

I downloaded the pics from my phone, not sure why but the top 2 need to be turned, maybe mods can help.

Looks like they are in order to me. And the target is correct now too! ;D

And I realized after I wrote this update that all guns shoot tighter with better ammo, I've always shot hand loads out of my hunting rifle(30-06) so I didn't realize that most store bought ammo was that inconsistent. Time to start loading the nosler ballistic tips I bought, and see how close I can get em. Actually measured the group tonight and it was 1", so I will have confidence hunting with it now.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu