Staycation

Bigfin

Apr 18, 2020
We were supposed to go to Vegas this week but that’s not happening and it’s sad we had all the kids and their spouses going it was supposed to be my wife’s 60th present I had purchased 10 tickets to Aerosmith and got her best friend since kindergarten to come along also and believe me that was not easy I had to lay a guilt trip on her ! Oh well thanks to Covid everything got canceled so I canceled my vacation at work and opted for a 3 day weekend instead . Friend of mine and fellow member papagreg told me the catfish and trout were on the chew at Lake Pardee so off I went . Fished it four a few hours 730 till 11 got 4 Catfish and one trout now the funny part was I got them on powerbait chartreuse Pb they must be hungry cause they like it . There were some people down from me that saw me catching and it did not take them long to put on chartreuse Pb either they were still there when I left and they had 7 between them . Gonna have me some Catfish Dinner tonight as Luke would say . Tightlines here some pics BF0F50DA59-B721-4E61-8126-DCA411C5F84C.jpegBEDC447F-5994-4E9C-8792-D68E950BCC70.jpeg2F5643B3-ACC7-476D-A66D-FF5341A9BDE1.jpeg72E6C7A3-4842-4C6E-8D2C-16749B14F521.jpegCA87A560-9157-42B7-B334-9193DCCDB3F0.jpegDD787DE8-4C9E-40CB-AD25-1AB406215FAE.jpeg

We were supposed to go to Vegas this week but that’s not happening and it’s sad we had all the kids and their spouses going it was supposed to be my wife’s 60th present I had purchased 10 tickets to Aerosmith and got her best friend since kindergarten to come along also and believe me that was not easy I had to lay a guilt trip on her ! Oh well thanks to Covid everything got canceled so I canceled my vacation at work and opted for a 3 day weekend instead . Friend of mine and fellow member papagreg told me the catfish and trout were on the chew at Lake Pardee so off I went . Fished it four a few hours 730 till 11 got 4 Catfish and one trout now the funny part was I got them on powerbait chartreuse Pb they must be hungry cause they like it . There were some people down from me that saw me catching and it did not take them long to put on chartreuse Pb either they were still there when I left and they had 7 between them . Gonna have me some Catfish Dinner tonight as Luke would say . Tightlines here some pics BFView attachment 44140View attachment 44141View attachment 44142View attachment 44143View attachment 44144View attachment 44145
Nice whisker fish....

Good eats out that cold clean water lake.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bigfin
Alright catfish Duo looks like a nicer day on that lake . Beautiful good times . Had to deal with Thunderstorms here but it wasn't bad blows over in a couple of minutes . Cant think of a better mini vacation since things change . Them darn cats were pulling drag like I cant remember when a cat last pulled drag on me . Sure would like that sunshine ya got down there though .

Good eats out that cold clean water lake.

Yeah they were clean Chris hey I stopped by that buena vista store on the way back to grab some ice and they had lunch going its actually a Bar ,restaurant, & mini mart with fishing stuff my kinda store . Smelled so good but I had just finished my lunch so next time I'm not taking one they got a lot of stuff good stuff Tacos burritos burgers and they are all spanish so ya know its good 2 tacos for $2.50 and you can watch them make em . Went by Amador water is up its full only 3 bankers there .

Yea he makes good breakfast burritos and tacos and fair prices on takle I'm glad he got his store open again after it caught fire.

Nice kitty sprig. You look like a guy I know named Mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
You guys are eating good tonight!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu