Steel shot and Teeth, really bad mixture

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
I bit down real hard on a steel pellet while eating dove. Just brutal. Both upper and lower molar have been aching since. Dentist is sending me to the endodontist next week. I could be in for two root canals . Fortunately it was the only pellet found among the dozen or so dove consumed that night, and none of my guests encountered any. I’m warning everyone to take it easy chewing the dove, don’t eat like a cave man on a mammoth drumstick. Be careful guys!!

No joke a high powered dove magnet for shot in the kitchen would a cool appliance. Pretty sure it wouldn’t work but a it would be cool if it did.

Reactions: WaterDawg
Dang that’s stinks. It’s hard to get all those little pellets sometime. That’s why I only take headshots, it’s been a hard skill to master.
Yeah head shots would solve the problem! I’m lucky to hit em at all though. Biting steel is a whole different deal than chewing lead.

Reactions: Smokey58 and TRICER
Biting into lead shot is only slightly less harmful, ask me how I know????? Funny you should ask. I have had many a lead pellet stop me mid bite. Never had any tooth damage though.

I bit down real hard on a steel pellet while eating dove. Just brutal. Both upper and lower molar have been aching since. Dentist is sending me to the endodontist next week. I could be in for two root canals . Fortunately it was the only pellet found among the dozen or so dove consumed that night, and none of my guests encountered any. I’m warning everyone to take it easy chewing the dove, don’t eat like a cave man on a mammoth drumstick. Be careful guys!!
Hunt hard, chew softly Kevin.

Oh man. A sprig almost cost me $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: ilovesprig
One of the reasons that whenever I'm eating game birds I usually carve off a piece then smash it flat with my fork on the plate before I eat it. I'll usually find any stray shot in it that way.

Biting into lead shot is only slightly less harmful, ask me how I know????? Funny you should ask. I have had many a lead pellet stop me mid bite. Never had any tooth damage though.
I bit a lead shot in some dove I cooked a while back. Harder than I expected, I can only imagine steel.

First time I’ve found shot in a dove breast while eating though. I imagine most of it probably passes through.

Larry would head shoot them..problem solved ..so he said.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu