stupid question but i wanna play it safe

You need your hunting lic. Do you have that already?

Please read all of this

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/current/mammalregs.aspx

Just a hunting license, no extra tags/validations needed (or at least I think). Funny u ask because I debated this with a warden recently who checked us in the field. A friend of a friend was hunting with us and it was his first time out so he only had his hunting license with no validations since we told him beforehand that's all he needed to shoot rabbits. The warden told him he needs an upland stamp because rabbits fall under the upland regs, but we argued that it only applied to upland BIRDS not small game. No ticket, but just a point of contention. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Aeon said:
You need your hunting lic. Do you have that already?

Please read all of this

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/current/mammalregs.aspx

ya ive had it for 3 years now

§313. Upland Game Bird Hunting Validation

Any licensed hunter taking resident game birds including Chinese spotted doves, ringed turtle doves, of the family Columbidae; California quail and varieties thereof, Gambel's or desert quail, mountain quail and varieties thereof, sooty, ruffed, and sage grouse, white-tailed ptarmigan, Hungarian partridges, red-legged partridges including the chukar and other varieties, ring-necked pheasants and varieties, and wild turkeys of the order Galliformes; and migratory game birds including common snipe, western mourning doves, white-winged doves, and band-tailed pigeons must have a current state upland game bird hunting validation in possession. Any person hunting under the authority of a valid junior hunting license is exempt from this section

ps.....There are no stupid questions......No BIRD stamp needed for rabbits.

You really should spend the time and read the regs from cover to cover........asking on the web is not the best way to know the rules which is your responsibility as a license holder.

As everyone is saying read the regs. I read the regs every year because they are constantly changing take the time to read them and you won't regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SurfNHuntSD said:
Just a hunting license, no extra tags/validations needed (or at least I think). Funny u ask because I debated this with a warden recently who checked us in the field. A friend of a friend was hunting with us and it was his first time out so he only had his hunting license with no validations since we told him beforehand that's all he needed to shoot rabbits. The warden told him he needs an upland stamp because rabbits fall under the upland regs, but we argued that it only applied to upland BIRDS not small game. No ticket, but just a point of contention. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.
Jason,
your experience proves that, while there are no stupid questions, there ARE stupid wardens.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu