Suffering from PTSD (Post-Turkey Season Depression)

Me too buddy.............Wake up every morning at 3:30 am out of habit........... :D

Here's a big boy that made it thru the season........His gobbles made my day...... ;)

Attachments

• 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    724.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    804.2 KB · Views: 18
Yeah, I'm okay with it, too. I don't need to take game to feel successful; but it's good to feel you are making progress. Highlights for me were trying out some great tips from Steve and Matagi, and doing a morning hunt with Steve. Toms were so scarce that the only time I heard gobbles was hunting with Steve, so I appreciated being able to observe and "listen in" as he tried to work them. Conditions weren't good that day for several reasons, but I saw and heard a lot more than I would have hunting on my own. 8)

Yea I struck out too. I found this year more frustrating simply because the birds weren't around. Almost closed a gobbler on opener but that was it, then had hens the rest of the time, no jakes even. Hopefully things turn around for these dino birds. Don, I'm with u on that I have a good time in the woods regardless, and I think we all learn something new every hunt.

I saw toms several times; they saw me too! I even had toms responding to me as if I was doing my calls right.... But I never did see a close-up strutter in response to my efforts. I once was taking pictures of a hen (with my iPhone) while toms snuck up to 20 yards to my right.... By the time I grabbed my bow and arrows, birds were magically disappeared. Time in the field + luck + some skillz MAY equal dead bird next year. ;) If anyone can help me get to within spitting distance of deer this year, I'll do my part.
Oh yeah, and when do draw results come out?

Mike,

Per the regs, it should be around the 17th......Here's a few gobblers from today (all different)......Saw bucks as well this time at dark-thirty......Damn, I love our local mountains........ ;)

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    650 KB · Views: 14
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    664.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    758.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    876.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    403.3 KB · Views: 18
September will see me guiding 2 bowhunters (10 days each) for northwestern Alaska moose. I may eventually be hunting for myself, but now I still like boating and calling and hauling. I usually spend my guiding $$ on a gift for my wife (her birthday is right after hunting season). Afterwards, I hope to arrow a CA doe and get some steaks.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu