Sunday hunt at SJWA

CaliCreole

Oct 26, 2011
Riverside, CA
Took my son out to walk around and maybe get a shot at a few birds on Sunday. Arrived just before sun up, walked the fields and the hills for a few hours didnt see any quail, saw two rabbits but didnt get a shot. My son had a blast though walking around he got to see a couple of rabbits and some coyotes. We left around 9 is little legs couldn't take much more, but he hung in there like a champ walking through that brush that was almost as tall as him. there were only two other hunters out they managed 3 dove between the two of them. Going home empty handed is much easier when the little guy has such a good time.

Great news CaliC. Keep up the enthusiasm with the little fellow.

his birthday is next weekend, So im thinking of taking him up to Hemet area where i found a few large covies of quail during archery deer season. Make a weekend out of it. some camping hunting and fishing. I want to get as much of this stuff as i can in before he becomes a teenager and its no longer cool to hang out with dad ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu