Sweat line at SJWA 1-14-12

CaliCreole

Oct 26, 2011
Riverside, CA
One of my friends took me duck hunting at SJWA on Saturday to celebrate my birthday. This was my first time duck hunting and i have to say i had a great time!. We arrived at about 2:50 am and filled out or cards for the sweat line. we had our names chosen so we went to our blind and set up the morning was pretty wild lots of birds flying but since we had an interior spot a lot of them didnt make it to us. about an hour in a Ruddy duck came in and my buddy tells me to take the shot and i nailed him. the rest of the morning was pretty slow but about 12 we were able to move to another spot and things picked up a bit. Got several shots and at the end of the day i ended up with 2 ruddy, 1 teal and a spooner, a lot of people were complaining about it being slow but I had a great time and cant wait to go again. btw does any one know what kind of shells some of these guys are using where they can take shots at ducks that are well over a 100yds away, im guessing they have some sort of rifled shot in their shells?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu