Tag Question

Macsteve

Jun 23, 2016
So I've hit a stroke of luck and ended up being able to borrow a bow for the next 8-9 months. after spending 20 minutes learning how to use it, I decided bows are cool and super fun and I want to extend my hunting season with it. This especially being my first season, I'm honestly more concerned with doing the right things and finding tracks and being on the right path then I necessarily am successfully harvesting a deer.

SO. I have a D16 general season tag. Can I bow hunt in the D16 Archery season?

pics for fun.

13895237_10210704312786518_5396696057130279732_n.jpg

High & left, but not bad for a grouping. although if it were an animal it was off enough that I would have missed.
13876280_10210707046694864_5955503785514763240_n.jpg

Get yourself a AO tag (over the counter) and hunt most D zones for archery, d16 archery starts sept 3rd. but double check. It's a great way to scout/hunt for rifle season.

ps... make sure you get that bow adjusted to your size and draw, i'm no pro but the bow n arrow shop could help out.

yes I'm planning on taking this bow & arrows to that shop to get some arrows re-fletched.

as long as whatever is done to the bow can be undone by tracking the changes, I'll ask them to help me adjust it. when I'm ready to buy next year I'll buy through them as well.

as far as tags, I already have a D15 & 16 tag. I'll do AO next year. thanks for the heads up!

Looking through the forum and this is exactly what I was looking for. I have a D16 tag and shortly after bought me a Bow and I got pretty damn good at it, hitting 50 yard targets even around 80 yards but I know that's not what I want to do. So I am super excited for bow season this weekend so my question was should I get an AO tag because there is so damn many of them. Guess so I'll be headed in tomorrow. Macsteve im in your boat new hunter and been scouting and have a lot of your same questions.

Last edited:
I'd get a AO tag, if you plan on hunting with rifle......That way, if you want to tag your buck with a bow tag (AO), you would have the option to hunt with a rifle later on (D-16).

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu