Tagged out

g791

Oct 18, 2012
Ok I'll try and make this short. Anything within my 50 yrd range was going down. On the third day I spotted this buck after a blown stalk on a small fork. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ADjKu1crYso
Stalked to 20 yds quartering away shot following a creek bed for cover with a follow up 40 yd shot that I lead to much and stuck him in the neck. Buck bedded down got to ten and missed low as the buck stood up and bounded off. I found out later that I knicked his left front inner leg. Checked for blood in his bed and none. Jumped the buck once again and let down my bow to fast and sent an arrow into the side wall of a creek bed. 6ba4d46156da81544afa798738509ed1.jpg
Checked the bed for blood and found this. cbbdf5e7acecbb6a97d30750980b7065.jpg
Most likely from the leg being knicked. On the search of the bucks trail I found good blood.a2b865ea67e2aa6927a87cd11867e473.jpg
After searching for a while I lost all track and sign while gathering my things I looked back in the direction to where I jumped the buck and there he was bedded 40 yds away. I knew he was hit good so I left him in his bed over night.
Back at the car and it wouldn't start dead battery. Hiked all the way down Division creek and got a ride from the motel owner. If you ever stay up here I recommend http://mtwilliamsonmotel.com/ Cris the co-owner she is the best host ever. So that night my wife drove up a new battery and we headed up the next morning spotting some elk below sawmill pass.afcfddc25132bfed355f09ac0a8f4b15.jpg
I hiked the battery two miles up to the car and off we went for the buck. ed6fd09d5636873f918d79b6bdbd77b4.jpg
Looking thru my spotting scope Buck Down! He's not the biggest but not a bad first archery buck.
e6b1f123dccf6cbbf4fe801be88ca206.jpg
After tagging and quartering it took one trip to pack out. It all worked out in the end and heck having the wife saved me two extra trips on all the packing out.
1478a17cd2286686684a3d229707dfc9.jpg
4083d7370abad2390cfa5cacce013e13.jpg9033bee82e92a05beb2580b1f6e1f373.jpg
There was bigger and better bucks on this hunt but it all came together on this 3x3 buck thanks for the read guys.75c612f5114cb53dbaa3b2885506a54b.jpg

Sent from my Torque

g',

Great story and stick-to-itiveness.........Great pix as well........Congrats on a fine buck......1st bow buck or not....... ;)

Congrats on a great buck. And good job landing such a cool wife. If I called my wife and asked her to come help me recover a deer, she would surely hang up on me. Then she would call Lungpoppers wife and tell her and they would both laugh at me.

That's a great buck and a great story. Your perseverance in the hunt and then in tracking him down is a real inspiration.

Well done. I was not expecting a buck that size. Awesome ! Hunts are not always perfect. I'm glad this one ended well for you.

Great job, and great read. The Eastern Sierra is a frequent stomping grounds of mine, and is where my heart is. Sure looks nice with a fresh coat on it doesn't it?

He'll ya man I can't wait to mount this buck. Great looking buck and awesome story man. Strong work it was a well earned buck.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu