Tagged out.

teachanother

Jul 3, 2011
San Diego
After getting the news that the big 3x I was after during archery season was killed last Thursday by another hunter (turned out to be a 3x4 green score at 127 5/8"), I decided to tag out on this nice 3x3. I hesitated to shoot him as I knew he wasn't a contest winner but he sported a pair of 3" eye guards (rare for my spot) and an 18.5" outside spread that I really admired.

It was a fun spot and stalk hunt. With the east wind I was able to stalk to within 38 yards. Should have brought my bow.

I was relieved after seeing the pictures of Jeff's buck posted this morning that there was no way any of the bucks I've seen this season were going to top his deer. Like Lungpopper...I hate tag soup.

I am really enjoying the contest aspect of hunting this season and I look forward to kicking all of your asses in the second half of the A22 season.

(JK...hee, hee)

TA

Attachments

• IMG_8276.JPG
    IMG_8276.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_8288.JPG
    IMG_8288.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_8289.JPG
    IMG_8289.JPG
    243.1 KB · Views: 186
Beautiful buck TA , well done. That is a very nice buck and great body size. Thanks for the great pictures also. I am heading up now to check cameras and hunt the evening.

Michael Pritzl said:
Beautiful buck TA , well done. That is a very nice buck and great body size. Thanks for the great pictures also. I am heading up now to check cameras and hunt the evening.

Thanks Michael. I'm happy with him.

Hopefully the east wind is dying down in time for your hunt. Good luck and be safe! I'm sure there's a 150+ class buck out there for you somewhere to show everybody up.

Great 3x3 T.A. And 38 yards........ Awesome ! I would take that guy first light on opening day if I had the chance.

And you're still in the game with the second half of A22.

Great buck TA. Way to get it done. Good luck on your A22 tag!

Its a .270 Win. Browning A Bolt, my favorite cartridge & my favorite rifle (one of the few manufacturer's that isn't biased against lefties.)

In my opinion it is the best do-it-all North American cartridge. You can hunt Alaska on down. Great rig Darryl.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu