Tejon Ranch youth hunt

ratz

Feb 17, 2011
I was at dinner when I got a call from The president of the California Deer Association. "You put in for a drawing for you daughter to do a youth hunt at Tejon Ranch"
The CDA gives an opportunity to youth hunters who did not fill their tag to come to the Tejon Ranch on a guided hunt for a doe.
He also said there was 275 applicants. They gave away 10 hog hunts, and 5 deer hunts. She was the only girl drawn.
There will be 1 guide per hunter.
They will have the yutes,... I'm sorry, the youths, shoot at their range, go out for an afternoon/evening hunt, and then spend the night in the lodge.
There will be a morning hunt if necessary, and we are out of there by 11am.
I believe there are a few give-aways.
She is 15 and has never had a shot at a deer. She is very excited to go. I plan on videoing, and taking a lot of pictures.
Here is a video of a hunt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUKnUl7G2_A

Awesome Eric that should be a great hunt for both of you. It just goes to show you cant get drawn if you dont put in, Have a great hunt,

I hope they don't make it too elementary.
Like " there will be some deer when we drive around this bend, get out an shoot it,, and we need to be close, so I will drive as close as I can"
I hope she gets a good feeling from it
I will post pics and video on here if I can.
Thanks for the positive thoughts.

I have been putting my two boys in for years for those deer hunts. I have not heard anything as of now for the hog hunts so guess they didnt draw. Congrats and good luck.

I went on that hunt in 2009 it was awesome! Great guides, great place and lots of fun. Very memoriable. I hope you guys have fun :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu