Tennessee

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
As some of you are aware me and my family left our California home to move to Tennessee to start a chicken farm. I'm not gonna lie I love it here. Plenty of local ponds and lakes to fish just not the same quantity of big bass. The deer and turkey population out here is incredible. I drove this morning for 15 minutes and saw 8 deer and 12 turkeys. Pretty rad place. There's a lot of deer and turkey out here just the woods are so thick so you only see a small portion of what's actually there. And did I mention that gas is under $2 a gallon. It's pretty rad out here. Gonna be some good hunts ahead of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke,

Congrats on pulling the trigger and making the move......You should find plenty of hunting & fishing opportunities in the Volunteer state.

ps.....Even at going on 70 years of age, I'm almost ready to leave my beloved California.

My wife just gave me the green light to look at farmland in KY and TN...gun laws are just gonna get worse out here...hunting with poachers everywhere makes for a tough season as well

ilovesprig said:
Luke,

Congrats on pulling the trigger and making the move......You should find plenty of hunting & fishing opportunities in the Volunteer state.

ps.....Even at going on 70 years of age, I'm almost ready to leave my beloved California.
I hated to leave but I don't regret it. It's worth it. Hey California is a great vacation spot but not a great place if you ever want to raise a family or get ahead in life in my opinion.

Here's some pictures. My phone camera quality has gone to s***.
7758fd5ead9806d16dfce0bb163557e6.jpg
8d927e7ab2f17997866980c50199e2bb.jpg
09f2bd1ce458726f73d0974770003ab9.jpg
5f24edd70dda173d5dbc579f02ecff87.jpg
7e8ae0d64f6bb8bfd426e0753f17e2be.jpg
50f7f8a0649048220d97e9d51f5de4fb.jpg

Tomorrow will be the two year mark that my brother moved to Tennessee from San Diego. He said it's the best choice he's ever made.

Josh Pearson said:
Tomorrow will be the two year mark that my brother moved to Tennessee from San Diego. He said it's the best choice he's ever made.
It really is the best choice you could ever make to get out of Cali.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu