Tent With Stove

TJ,

Go big or stay home........... :joy:

That tent looks good to me............... :blush:

.View attachment 53693
That pic brings back memories, in 1961 I, my dad, my grand dad and a friend hunted out of Rifle Co. At a place called Silt on a private ranch. Same tent, same Jeep shirtsleeve weather the day of set up then it snowed for 4 days. Could kill 3 deer each which we did. Looking at pics I still have a western hat that I wore then. Had a wood stove in the tent to try and stay warm. Good olde days

Reactions: ilovesprig
That pic brings back memories, in 1961 I, my dad, my grand dad and a friend hunted out of Rifle Co. At a place called Silt on a private ranch. Same tent, same Jeep shirtsleeve weather the day of set up then it snowed for 4 days. Could kill 3 deer each which we did. Looking at pics I still have a western hat that I wore then. Had a wood stove in the tent to try and stay warm. Good olde days

All most same scenario, but in the Sierra's and Nevada for me...We used these little GI tents too (1959)........ :heart:

.scan023.jpg

Reactions: 180ls1
Any SCHers run a backpacking tent with a stove? A buddy and I are looking into purchasing one of these for a hunt we have this fall. Past years temps are usually single digits to mids 40s. I am a bit worried about condensation being that these are single wall.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Kifaru tipi with the compact wood burning stove. Used it in Wyoming And Idaho I think it totals to 7-8 lbs but is well worth the warmth and comfort. 2 people fit comfortably with all the gear and stove. Days out gear really fast we bring a 4’x8’ sheet of tyvek each for the ground because it’s floorless but it works amazing. It drys out the ground if it’s wet when you set it up after the first day.

I use the seek outside Cimarron and slx stove last season in D6 during a storm. Only problem is its so warm you don't want to get out lol. I filled the stove before falling asleep then if I felt cold throw a couple match lite berkets in and fill it up then light works great. In the summer I pitch it high to get airflow. I have never had condacion problems. Stove dries everything.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu