Thanksgiving Hunt

Gcddarren

Sep 23, 2014
Went out to the three sisters trail head and scouted the valleys above and around there saw zero turkeys. Gotta keep going and looking for em. Saw three doe. There was water in the ponds up there. still a fun day.

Happy Thanksgiving

Gcddarren said:
Went out to the three sisters trial head and scouted the valleys above and around there saw zero turkeys. Gotta keep going and looking for em. Saw three doe. There was water in the ponds up there. still a fun day.

Happy Thanksgiving

There WAS water or there was no water? I've hunted and scouted every square inch of Boulder creek rd / eagle peak rd this season.. My gf and I probably put in close to a couple hundred hours out there in the last 3 months, Ive 4x4'd down every road without a no trespassing sign, hiked every trail more than once to it's end and went many miles off trails
and have yet to see enough water to sustain life... Just small rain puddles.. All I see out there is deer and cows. not complaining because for me it's all about just being out there but I just wish I could take at least 1 turkey this season. I came up empty handed last season too, all my "secret" spots are either dried up or not public anymore, frustrating

Don't feel bad your not the only one, went up to boulder creek area where I found turkeys this spring, in the fall nothing, I believe their all on vacation in Julian!!

Attachments

• 2014-12-02 04.20.42.png
    2014-12-02 04.20.42.png
    702 KB · Views: 70

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu