Thanksgiving South Texas hunt

Austin Borden

Oct 25, 2016
San Diego
Was invited to hunt a friends pasture on the Junko ranch in South Texas right after thanksgiving. I was lucky enough to shoot a older cull buck that they had been wanting to shoot due to its weak G2 points. This was my first white tail so I was pretty damn stoked. This buck weighed close to 180-190lbs. Stoked! My little brother shot a nice doe and my pops smoked a 250lb hog breaking a corn feeder. Deep freezer is loaded now!
img_9415-jpg.29175

IMG_9415.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9415.jpg
    IMG_9415.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9292.jpg
    IMG_9292.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 90
Reactions: longbowhunter2
Congrats on a fine family outing.......Beautiful white-tail

ps......We'd have "cull" bucks like that, if we were allowed to feed on private property......Just sayin'

Can't beat that, I'm not much for whitetail but that looks to be a pretty dang good one congrats!

That buck is rad. I saw the pic on Instagram and Facebook. What's the story behind it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That buck is rad. I saw the pic on Instagram and Facebook. What's the story behind it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Missed a buck at 200 yards the first day, took my 30-06 to the range and was shooting a foot low at 100yards. Used a friends 300 mag the following day in a different blind. This buck was scraping trees and running around in the thick brush for a hour just catching glimpses of him, finally made a bad step and smoked him at 100 yards. Not a single drop of blood, he ran 30 yards and rolled over.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu