do you like this methhod

• i like this

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • i don't like this

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rickychen

Dec 11, 2017
An aboriginal guy looking for food near a stream. When he was walking down a large waterfall, he suddenly discovered a fish swimming under the stream. He jumped down to catch it, but he could not catch it. He had touched the fish but because of its body too slippery so he lost it. He immediately cut a bamboo tree and split it into several small spears.

azWkAx1dOI1486Acxbp5DiN4l-kC0TsP0L-tcNSWrs7l3jjqEWW2l4OzmWzZplYXvhHemoaRMzTEvYHTrTDcwhK8bXyN3Wtc.png

oD0ZDWoWBn2xIAT5g6BAabgSt5OxkReuRfDa31ovm9nrBL_sTQpDGj3FshPpGcZdklQ9QG9eMxmBd_0g-ZggUkHPgYlRLF7Z.png

He used this bamboo to stab the fish. After a stabbing several times, the aboriginal guy finally caught the fish by his bamboo

BuIcbFnPlPUCeo7NgSJKN3Ei179l4kGA6s1uQ4wcAUgurnP1gREOseBL-0VV0BKC60QvWk9VMlh7I0lOAfhd9J1dz3vJKrAa.png

Aboriginal fish processing method:

• Pecking fish, stabbing fish in bamboo shoots, and baking.
UJStIaF6tN1i90aTSCuSVMPknZmta8Hgd5jrFg4s45BRk0n9AgNQulQ-3sDWoSQXARCAOMQ6gNYpdFq9jd_IdkpaZM6LqdWO.png

Put fish in bamboo tube and bake.

spQWKbgTZb4D4EMxgzINnYCg6Ag2SNRc3TOnBtQfpaC_XpXTRiGq2jIaXFYcTK7hBw6g7DCFg3xHPxyEdiu0C2Idw4IWyD7D.png

The taste of fish in both ways is delicious and sweet, in addition to the aroma of bamboo.

Link to watch video:

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I've speared trout with a similarly fashioned improvised spear in the Sierra Nevada mt's. Fun way to to get dinner. Not a "hunting report" though.

When I can think of myself, the smart trapping and catching that prey is a happy thing
I can’t follow that sentence. I did try spearing some bottom suckers with a stick in the Merced river and found it was harder than it looks.

It's basically a bamboo version of a Hawaiian sling spear.. or "3 prong" as we call it. Only difference is spearing fish with it above the water is harder than being underwater.. you get the parallax effect similar to bowfishing when you shoot too high. I've never done it with fish but we used to do it on Tahitian prawns in the creeks.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu