THE BUCKS WILL BE STUPID SOON

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Ive gone out watching deer every day this week. The younger 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 year old bucks are following does around in lust. Won't be long the big boys are going to show up and run the little guys off. If you have a tag get your A@s out there. I have been going to different locations to scout the deer and seeing the same behavior so it's not just one area.
This morning I saw a really cool little 1 1/2 year old fork with an extra main beam. Wish I could have gotten a pic but there wasn't enough light. Hope to see him again in about 3-4 years. He was following a doe around thinking she smelled good when a bigger fork showed up and ran him off.
GOOD LUCK GUYS.

So Mid- October is when the rut will be in full swing? I understand that the time rut starts is flexible, but mid october is when it usually starts.

I agree LP; they are getting careless in some cases.... I set up a blind about a month ago on CP and finally gave in to letting a friend of mine sit it in it last weekend....he had the 3x I had mentioned in an earlier post show up at 60 yards following does, he took the shot an missed low instead of letting the buck close the distance; I blame it on buck fever as he is a first year archery hunter. I was too busy following kids around in baseball tournaments last weekend. So I'm hoping to put some backstraps on the grill and set the bar for the military hunters at a minimium this weekend.

Does that mean some of us will be on the same playing field soon?

YUP! Make sure if ur rifle hunting, u wear some orange. There might be tons of hunters out there. :)

. I'm going to start watching. Also I'm going to hunt the first half of rifle with a bow I want to arrow a buck bad

Sdbirds said:
. I'm going to start watching. Also I'm going to hunt the first half of rifle with a bow I want to arrow a buck bad

DITTO

Heading out for an eveing hunt tomorrow. I still have a lot of season left with AO and A-22 tags. If I get brown on the ground, you'll here about it....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu