The changes I’ve noticed throughout the years in D16

D16, D15, D14 have all gone to Hades, Most of LA has locked down all access roads and San Bernardino has to much access. Freaking Morons everywhere, what was the final straw was the deer drives, they would run the ridges dropping one guy every 40/50 yards to the end and then 2,3,4 guys go screaming down the canyon.
So after sitting quite and still for hours in the cold, they come charging down. Been years searching for a new area.

D16, D15, D14 have all gone to Hades, Most of LA has locked down all access roads and San Bernardino has to much access. Freaking Morons everywhere, what was the final straw was the deer drives, they would run the ridges dropping one guy every 40/50 yards to the end and then 2,3,4 guys go screaming down the canyon.
So after sitting quite and still for hours in the cold, they come charging down. Been years searching for a new area.
It is frustrating, however, use the morons to your advantage. Hike past them and all the activity will push the deer your way.

The 2 zones I hunted the last couple of years are a circus. No matter how far I go, no matter what time of the day or day of the week. Although bad weather seems to weed some people out. There are always hunters around.
As the season is about to end with a couple of days free from work the thing that holds me back from going hunting is the idea that the miles and long climbs to find a quiet spot are in vain. It is what it is. No choice but to join the circus and make the best out of it.
My big pet peeves are:
People taking a dump and not digging a hole.
Garbage that sometimes is brought in by the target shooters.
People that love to talk and are clueless of how far the sound travels....so many times I spotted hunters because of their chatting right at prime time...

IMO The sad reality is that it will not get better but it will get worse. The internet and Onx are great tools but it also invites people hunting who wouldn't dare to go other ways.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu