The Dove Temperature Up in the AV

closerwalk

Jul 11, 2018
Well connected with the Kern County Game Warden who by the way gave good information. Thanks bud!

Was out near pistachios farms on the fringe of Antelope Valley and Kern County, met some great people there for dove opener.
Saw a good dole of dove flying into the pistachio farms, however the winds really made the day not as fruitful as I would have liked.
According to my new friends they normally like the treeline that we were hunting under.

This trip was really a recon mission as much as a morning hunt, the important thing is I had fun.

Some pics of sunrise: (haha bet you thought I got dove, lol not this time)

Really do love to hunt, and this year is more about getting settled and learning the areas in CA.

I will post from my hunt in November (Quail) Looking forward to that! Maybe some predator too....
mojo.jpg
sunrise3.jpgsunrise2.jpgsunrise.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu