The Duck Numbers Are In

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Well, the USFWS has come up with the duck numbers.......Very similar to last year on all species and up 8% overall.........Pintail at 3.2 million are still down 20% (long term average).......IMO they'll never get to the old days numbers and this is despite that all other species are doing great......The farming practices just don't bode well for pintail (larger farms in the prairies). If you been there, you know what I mean.

Thank goodness spoonies are at 5.3 million.........And 114% above LTA......... ;D

.http://www.flyways.us/

ps........Pray for rain!

Thanks for the up to date report. Overall news is good for sure.

Breacher said:
I'll take a drake shoveler any day of the week! ;D

Yep...in December the Hollywood mallard is one of the prettiest ducks on the water.

with talk like that NBK you might just win the king bootlip trophy this year.....

Guess im gonna have to make 8% more shots this year. To bad about pintails their such an awesome
Bird

I like those fine northerns shovs too..........Talk about a sky carp limit, 7 spoons, 6 snows.......... ;D

Attachments

• ss club & wister 1-11-12 040.JPG
    ss club & wister 1-11-12 040.JPG
    650 KB · Views: 18
That just looks like a whole lotta' fun to me. Nice work ilovesprig

John_Gilmore said:
When can we start applying for spots at Wister / SJ?

Probably not till the 1st part of September.......The numbers of refuges and wildlife areas that will have water or even hunting is very much up in the air......I'm sure Glen Underwood (DFW) is up to his eyeballs on trying to figure it out......Good chance that NoCal will have a delayed opener.

We're good down here in SoCal.....San J and Wister should have pretty much the normal amount of blinds.....50 and 100 respectively...... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu