The new reloading room

punkur67

Apr 12, 2014
Probably a little early to start this thread but getting started on the new reloading room.

I picked up my new Browning Hells Canyon Extra Wide 65 Gun Safe . This thing is huge. I had to tear out a hallway cabinet and there are several bumps on the walls from smashing this thing in.

Hope to get the flooring replaced in the next week or two, then I can start installing the new cabinets
20210220_182745.jpg20210220_183448.jpg20210220_191113.jpg20210220_202731.jpg20210220_202810.jpg

If your not on a slab floor, sure hope u reenforced ur floor. that is a thing of beauty.

Going to demo the carpet this weekend. Flooring starts in the whole house on Monday. Cabinets will be here in about 2 weeks. I also ordered some inline fabrication quick change heads so I can move my presses around as needed

Nice safe. Safe envy for sure. My 20 gun is stuffed to the max.

Are those boiler jacks you used to move it?

I feel your pain moving that safe around. My safe comes in at 1100 pounds empty... no fun in moving it!

So I bought the flooring for my gun room and the wife liked it soo much she wanted it in most of the house. My cousin spent the last 7 days busting out all the flooring on about 1700 sq/ft of the new place. He finally made it to the gun room today but ran a few boards short. I am picking up a couple more boxes tomorrow and trying to get the counter tops too. He will be back later this week to finish the gun room and base shoe.

I hope to make some good progress by next weekend. Still need to assemble and install the overhead cabinets and lights too. Here are a couple update pics for now

20210307_204655.jpg20210307_204600.jpg

Now you need some shoulder mounts and taxidermy work in there and then it will be the perfect man cave!

Reactions: punkur67
Looks great! I should be picking up my cabinets this week. My room will be a unique shape, 14' x 6' but it will work!

Reactions: NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu